My wifi is completly gone and my wifi driver is always failing (MediaTek MT7921)

Anonymous
2025-06-25T22:11:58+00:00

Hi Microsoft Support,

I'm having a serious issue with my laptop’s Wi-Fi. I use an ASUS TUF A15, and recently, my Wi-Fi completely stopped working. I can’t see or connect to any wireless networks at all — the Wi-Fi option doesn’t even appear in the network settings. The only available option is Ethernet, but I don’t have an Ethernet cable and my router is too far away to use one anyway.

I’ve already tried several things to fix the issue:

  • Downloaded and installed multiple versions of the MediaTek MT7921 Wireless LAN Driver.
  • Searched through Reddit and the ROG forums for help.
  • Factory reset my computer, unfortunately, this didn’t change anything.

I haven’t tried replacing the Wi-Fi card yet because I’m not sure how to do that, and I don’t have the time or tools to try it right now.

I know others are experiencing this same issue with the MT7921 card, and I really hope someone at Microsoft can help find a solution. I’d really appreciate any support or advice.

(I'm not able to insert a image of my computers msinfo for some reason, I will try again after a response.)

Thanks again,

Nahian

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-06-26T20:23:10+00:00

If the device vanishes from this list, it is faulty and unstable unfortunately. So, it is needed to be repaired or replaced.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T20:20:04+00:00

    Hi Igor,

    Thanks again for your help!

    I just reinstalled my Wi-Fi driver (MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921), and while it temporarily restores Wi-Fi functionality, the issue comes back after some time, usually after restarting, waking from sleep, or randomly during use. At that point, the Wi-Fi option disappears entirely from Windows again.

    Here is a screenshot of my current Device Manager > Network Adapters showing the list of available devices:

    As you can see, the MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card is currently detected, but the behavior is inconsistent, and it frequently vanishes completely from this list when the issue happens.

    Let me know if you'd like me to try anything else. I appreciate your time and assistance.

    Best regards,
    Nahian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Igor Leyko 112.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2025-06-25T23:45:34+00:00

    Hi,

    My name is Igor, it's a pleasure for me to help others and I'll try to help you. I am merely a fellow user trying to provide insight and information that may be helpful to others.

    Please run Device manager and show a list of network adapters. It you see WiFi adapter, show its properties.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments