I've dug over the internet and found a bunch of possible solutions. Proud to say that it worked! I don't know which one, but for a reader of this it may vary. Here are all of them:
- Go to your Device manager and uncheck every Wake-On-Lan (WOL) option there is at your network card's Advanced tab. Also go to your mouse's settings and uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer". [This one's already mentioned in this thread]
- Go to Control Panel and find Backup and Restore (Win7), check if there's any scheduled automatic backup, those might wake the computer up.
- Go to Task schedules by using run window on taskschd.msc command. Check the Task Schedule Library to see if there's any task that's allowed to wake up the PC.
- Open command prompt as admin and type this to see if there's something scheduled to wake up the PC:
powercfg /lastwake
I did this and found that SystemEventsBroker is scheduled and it's allowed to wake up my PC.
- Based on the last point, there are couple of possible scenarios. One option is to check your BIOS/UEFI for a setting(s) regarding WOL or Magic Packet. Make sure they're disabled. It can also be a driver issue or OS maintenance time (Start > type: Maintenance > pick: Security & Maintenance > expand: Maintenance > Change maintenance time).
- Correlated to the command prompt point, I found on another thread on MS Answers (see here) this principle: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Change Plan Settings, then Change advanced power settings. There, search for Allow wake timers under Sleep option. Disable that.
- On the same post on MS forum, there's this reply I was too tired to try:
Use this psexec:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/psexec
Navigate to the required folder, and execute the following command:
psexec.exe -i -s %windir%\system32\mmc.exe /s taskschd.msc
Next. navigate to Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > UpdateOrchestrator.
Right click the task called Reboot and click on Disable.
After disabling it, change the permissions on the file C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Update Orchestrator\Backup Scan or Windows will re-enable the task. You need to change the owner to Administrators, click OK, then edit the permissions and set each principle to just Read.
--
Go through all of them and any that say "wake the computer to run this task" ... disable !!
I found this solution and it works for me... but you will have to do again every now and again!! Save the command.
This one requires you to install a program though.
That's all that I've found. Good luck!