My PC turns on by itself during the night (SOLVED)

Anonymous
2020-02-12T09:32:14+00:00

I've seen similar questions already posted, but I had to ask since they're kinda outdated.

In the evening I'd put my PC to hibernation. Browser and XAMPP are on. And around 3:15-3:45 at night it would turn on by itself (and wake me up). Not every night, but often. I turned of Wake on LAN (at least I think so) as suggested on other threads, but it still turns on. It's most probably network related, for last two nights I've put it on hibernation and unplugged the network cable and it didn't turn on.

I think this started with 1909 update, but I couldn't be 100% certain, I didn't use hibernation much until a month ago.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've found a bunch of possible solutions on different forums, check my reply below. It worked for me.

Specs:

OS: Windows 10 Pro 1909

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 340

RAM: 4GB

GPU: ASUS R5 230 series

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

7 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-16T19:16:49+00:00

    Hi Milutin

    You are correct, this problem is most always caused by the 'Wake on LAN' setting, can you please check that again . . .

    Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button

    Expand the Network Adapters section

    Make sure to select the correct Network Adapter, then right click that and choose Properties

    Choose the Power Management Tab f the resulting dialog

    Turn off all three options on that tab

    Then, click the Advanced Tab

    Scroll down in the Property box and select 'Wake on Magic Packet' and ensure that it is disabled in the Value list box then click OK

    Sadly, it didn't work...

    Question is still open

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.6K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2020-02-12T09:59:35+00:00

    Hi Milutin

    Okay, please let me know how you get on . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments