Are the problems with remotewebaccess.com domain and Dynamic DNS service?

Andrew Macaulay 186 Reputation points
2021-03-17T10:37:56.727+00:00

Using Windows Server 2016 Essentials setup with the standard (Microsoft provided) <server>.remotewebaccess.com domain for remote access - for the past few days DynDNS has been failing.

Are there wider issues with supporting services?

  1. If I try to remove the current domain so that I can setup again or setup a manual domain it prompts for my user name, checks password but then fails.
  2. If I try to simply setup my own domain, then the request certificate process just hangs.

Are we seeing the deprecation of remotewebaccess.com and the related services, or are there just issues around it at present?

Windows for business | Windows Server | User experience | Other

Answer accepted by question author
Tobias Widmayer 146 Reputation points
2021-03-23T06:53:22.903+00:00

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.

24 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. ultimate26 6 Reputation points
    2021-04-05T00:36:22.713+00:00

    This REG script works perfectly for me (Server 2016 with Essentials Role installed).
    Thank You Very Much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Doug 6 Reputation points
    2021-03-28T18:41:45.923+00:00

    Exactly what I needed, worked perfectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. Curtis Corriere 11 Reputation points
    2021-03-26T18:09:33.433+00:00

    The fix didn't work for me unfortunately, but I did find this in the server manager under DNS. It's listing an incorrect IP address along with the correct one. Any idea how I would remove the incorrect one?

    81972-capture.png

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. clj03 6 Reputation points
    2021-03-25T01:02:19.797+00:00

    My thanks for the REG file. Worked perfectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.