Are the problems with remotewebaccess.com domain and Dynamic DNS service?

Andrew Macaulay 186 Reputation points
2021-03-17T10:37:56.727+00:00

Using Windows Server 2016 Essentials setup with the standard (Microsoft provided) <server>.remotewebaccess.com domain for remote access - for the past few days DynDNS has been failing.

Are there wider issues with supporting services?

  1. If I try to remove the current domain so that I can setup again or setup a manual domain it prompts for my user name, checks password but then fails.
  2. If I try to simply setup my own domain, then the request certificate process just hangs.

Are we seeing the deprecation of remotewebaccess.com and the related services, or are there just issues around it at present?

Windows for business | Windows Server | User experience | Other

Answer accepted by question author
Tobias Widmayer 146 Reputation points
2021-03-23T06:53:22.903+00:00

Was this answer helpful?

5 people found this answer helpful.

24 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. MoonGlum258 6 Reputation points
    2021-05-23T17:08:48.127+00:00

    Hi All,

    I have ben tearing my hair out for days on this and copying and pasting various lines of text from logs and finally came across this post. And it Worked!

    So I created a profile just to say well done everyone. Fantastic. Thank you. I have a new issue now with the wizard reporting my "domain name cannot be resolved to the IP of the server." Here we go again back to google......

    For reference, I have built my WSE 2016 completely virtually and had issues originally with IP addresses and clients not being able to see the server or connect which I traced to the HyperV Ethernet adaptor on the host PC to point to the WSE 16 IP as the only DNS and that worked but wondered if that was a cause. However, just a rabbit hole.

    I am with some other posters here. This is clearly a widespread issue and not an isolated one as it crops up many times across the years...? So MSFT must be able to patch it once it is observed.

    I am going to revert to my original problem which is how to fix the fact that I cant use my domain name as the AWA wizard refuses to recognise a .uk domain!!! Highly annoying even when it i s in the providers makeoffer-us.xml !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. David and Michelle Kouts 56 Reputation points
    2021-05-11T21:52:39.903+00:00

    Thank you SO much!! Reg changes, plus a reboot, and all is well on my 2016 Essentials box. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  3. jose antonio nieto festillo 6 Reputation points
    2021-05-10T11:35:20.727+00:00

    Oh man! Thank you very much. I have tried everything I konw until I found this thread.

    solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. ChrisWY27 146 Reputation points
    2021-04-29T13:59:55.38+00:00

    Still no official fix over a month later ?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.