Videos in SCORM Files Edge Android version 116.0.1938.79

Anonymous
2023-09-20T15:00:09+00:00

Is anyone experiencing issues with videos not playing within SCORM files since the latest Android update of Edge?

I am experiencing either an error message "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported" or nothing happening at all. These videos play fine in other web browsers and on EDGE desktop.

Is this a settings related thing that needs to be changed or updated within EDGE or is it a error/bug in the release?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

18 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T13:03:57+00:00

    Hello,

    I have the same issue playing videos within a SCORM file, on Microsoft Edge for Android, version 122.0.2365.76.

    Same symptoms as Sam Wood2 describes above.

    Is there any news about a fix for this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-05T19:58:53+00:00

    Hello.

    I have just tried and tested playing videos within a SCORM file on Canary v124.

    The video loads as a black screen. No visual, no audio. If a progress bar is included this does move as if the video is playing. No work around if there is no video controls. The video does not play.

    If video controls are available. Selecting pause then play does start the video correctly with audio and visuals.

    This suggests there is still a bug remaining.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-02T13:40:19+00:00

    Hi Travis.

    Edge Canary now running version 122.

    The problem is persisting with some SCORM files, version 122 has not resolved the issue fully. I have used the feedback link via Edge Canary to submit the information.

    Please can you provide some information on what is happening and the current state of play?

    Regards

    Sam

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T19:48:21+00:00

    Hi Juha,

    The video I tried was one within a Rise-built SCORM file. I did not try SCORMs built in Storyline.

    I have now tried the storyline version and can confirm these are NOT working correctly. The video loads with a black screen, No audio and no images.

    Hope this helps.

    Sam

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T15:33:28+00:00

    Thank you, Hahn, for the information.

    As Sam informed earlier in the thread, I installed Edge Canary (version 121.0.2271.0). Unfortunately, the videos embedded in SCORM still don't work. Any idea what the difference might be between these cases (Video codec: H264 - MPEG AVC)?

    We have scheduled a big online release for our 60 000 employees in the beginning of 2024 that is depended SCORM videos running on Android. I hope that this problem is solved before that.

    Br,

    : Juha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments