Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
This bug applies to the latest version of Edge for Android.133.0.3065.92
I am using Android 12L, Surface Duo 2
I have noticed this bug that has been introduced over the past maybe 2 weeks.
When I fill out or use auto-fill for my card details, I get to the point of entering the CCV , then the message, checking payment info, then Edge crashes.
I do not get this issue using Chrome browser, so I don't think it is anything to do with my card but rather some exchange between Edge and Microsoft account/ wallet.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Troubleshooting browser crashes or performance issues on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Brice
Oh no.
I can confirm I also am not seeing the settings page in either the current Edge build or beta version.
I just tried Edge on my Pixel ( which is an older phone!) and settings are there as expected. So, it looks like it is either affecting certain Android versions like 12L or just Duo. Hard to fathom if it's only Duo related. I suspect other foldables like Pixel fold do not have this issue, so thinking the bug might be related to the Android build rather than Duo.
Might be worth contributing here.
Also use the help & feedback option in Edge ( that's still there at the moment!). Include your own screen grab. I'll do it too.
Ade
Ade,
Facing similar issues in Edge for Android on my Surface Duo 2 w/ Android 12L.
First off, I've had both Edge Stable and Edge Beta installed on my Duo 2 for quite some time w/ no issue. But that's all changed now.
My issues started when Edge Beta was updated to 133 in the middle of February (2025). I could no longer access the 'Settings' screen. Pressing the '⚙️ Settings' button would not open 'Settings', but rather just take me to 'Favorites'. Edge Stable 132 did NOT have this issue; however, after Edge Stable was updated to 133, it exhibited the same issue. The issue remains in Edge Beta 134.
I also have Microsoft Authenticator installed on my Duo 2, and have joined the beta program for this app. After Microsoft recently pushed a bad build for Microsoft Authenticator (Beta) that caused it to crash upon launching it, I had to uninstall it, and roll back to a previous version. This necessitated me changing my Microsoft Account password. Changing your Microsoft Account password then forces you to verify your account on all Android apps that use your Microsoft account.
Guess what happens when I try to 'Verify' my Microsoft account in Edge Stable? It crashes!!! And it crashes every time I attempt to verify my account. Edge Stable has since be updated to 134, but the issue of crashing when attempting to verify my account remains.
I'm extremely reluctant to uninstall Edge Stable, because I'm quite certain I will not be able to access 'Settings' to configure it to my preferences.
Question for you: Are you able to access 'Settings' within your Edge Stable? I believe Microsoft acknowledging this issue and solving it is at the root of both our problems.
Thanks,
Brice
Hi again Sumit
I don't think it's a Duo issue. I just created a new Microsoft account and the beta installed fine and data synced. However, it's a new account, with minimal data to sync.
Maybe it can't handle syncing over a lot of data, passwords etc from my current ms account
Can you have the beta and current build Edge signed in at the same time?
I see, Ade.
The entire problem might lie in Microsoft's complete abandonment of supporting Surface Duo 2, which might be a hint of things to come. I am also not sure if they plan to fix this problem.
Did you try a reinstall of Microsoft Edge retail version though?
Hi again
OK, Installed the Beta version and when it got to sign in prompt to sync, after entering password, it crashes.
My current Edge still works and is synced.
Any advice?
Thanks
Ade