Multiple Edge and Chrome

Anonymous
2024-11-28T21:13:44+00:00

Every time I open my computer it is quite slow. When I open task manager it shows 5-15 Edge running and 5-8 Chrome. Once I end the tasks it gets back to normal so is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Microsoft Edge | Speed and responsiveness | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David Sanchez 19,130 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-11-28T22:13:28+00:00

Hi TomDuncan001! My name is David. I am a user of Microsoft products like you, and it is a pleasure to greet you.

Based on what you describe, both Microsoft Edge and Chrome might be set to start with the system. In this case, I recommend the following steps:

  1. From the start menu, search and open Task Manager, then go to the "Startup" tab, right-click both Microsoft Edge and Chrome, and select "Disable" for each one.
  2. Also, you can check the settings applied in each application.

For Edge: Click on the three dots in the upper right corner, go to Settings > System and performance, and there, disable the option "Continue running background apps when Microsoft Edge is closed."

For Chrome: Click on the three dots in the upper right corner, go to Settings > System, and there, disable the option "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed."

Let me know if the shared information has been helpful. Best regards.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

3 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-28T23:50:13+00:00

    Looks like that works -thank you very much

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T16:51:31+00:00

    Looks like that works -thank you very much

    That seemed to work for a couple of days but now it is back to 10 of Edge and 10 of Chrome even when I stop the task they come back all the time and slow down my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T16:52:43+00:00

    That seemed to work for a couple of days but now it is back to 10 of Edge and 10 of Chrome even when I stop the task they come back all the time and slow down my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments