Persistent grey bar in full-screen of videos, Microsoft Edge on MacOs

Anonymous
2023-11-27T22:57:28+00:00

Hello,

I've been having this issue that has made using Youtube & Amazon Video on Edge browser on my Macbook very frustrating. It has been here for a few months now – I was hoping it would get ironed out by updates but it has not. If you see below, there is this a grey bar that does not go away when making videos full screen. It is visually distracting and takes up space on a video that fills up the screen. I have deleted & reinstalled Edge once, tried using it with a guest profile (so with default settings?), but it is still here. This issue does not happen on other browsers on this device. What is going on?

Device is a 2020 M1 Macbook Pro, running Sonoma 14.

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-12-02T05:08:21+00:00

Try this. In the menu bar click on "View">"Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen".

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

5 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T12:14:18+00:00

    Thanks! This totally works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-02T17:08:31+00:00

    Happy to help. It was affecting me for a long time. Finally saw the solution yesterday so I had to pass on the tip :) the support staff here is really bad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-02T11:47:30+00:00

    Yes! This is it. Thank you so much – I would never have thought to check there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-28T18:33:15+00:00

    Thanks Tommy. That's a useful answer. I will submit this through the help & feedback to the developers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments