Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I accidentally enabled the feature to lock InPrivate tabs in Edge for Android. How do you disable this feature? I do not see the option in Settings.
If the only option is to uninstall and reinstall Edge for Android, how can I do so without losing all my Favorites?
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I find it a lot stupid. If its a beta feature it shouldn't be here. If its here then there should be option to remove the lock.
Hello ! I'm Aymeric, and I'm here to help !
InPrivate tabs locking is still a beta feature, and is not totally ready yet. At the moment, you cannot disable the lock if you've enabled it previously. As you said, you'll have to reinstall Edge.
In order to save all of your data, you'll have to connect Edge to your Microsoft account. Activate the data synchronization and let it complete (you can check the sync status by clicking on your profile picture in the Settings)
Once done, you can uninstall Edge and reinstall it. Log back into your Microsoft Account and let the data synchronize itself. Your favorites will be restored.
Feel free to ask if you have any other question !