How do I get image of the day to fill the whole page, like Brave does?

Anonymous
2023-12-01T21:48:42+00:00

Brave is a great web browser but I'm exploring Microsoft edge. To be honest, I find a lot of it a bit strange and it's UI. But I like the tab design. Anyway, one thing that I find very weird and disconcerting is that the image of the day only feels the top of the web page. Why do that! Are there flags that I can change to make the image of the day fill the whole web page? It is an absolutely terrible design to just keep the priority of the image of the day to be in landscape and not respect the size of the web page.

Any help would be really appreciated. I really do hope there's a solution because that's just really strange. I also have other issues about tabs opening in the first page not the last among some other things but I can worry about that later.

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

7 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-02T06:59:45+00:00

    I'm using Microsoft edge version 119.0.2151.92..

    See the attached screenshot. Now I'm using split screen but that shouldn't make any difference. I've got a window open and I want the image to fill the whole page. Why is it only doing half the page? I don't know what would happen if I just have the full tablet in portrait mode and just have Microsoft edge open but either way the point is I'm still using Microsoft edge in split screen so I can do two things at the same time which is not a big deal but the image of the day is not filling the whole page. How do I fix this? If it's a bug, then please fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-02T05:09:01+00:00

    Hello ,

    Good to see you in Microsoft Community.

    Firstly, could you let me know the specific version info of the system and the Microsoft Edge browser? Please check it and only send the relevant information without PII in the next reply.

    • System version Win +R key, and type "winver", press Enter.
    • Microsoft Edge browser version Type "edge://settings/help" in the Edge address bar and press Enter*.*

    Would you please describe your problem in detail or send me a screenshot/photo of it, and include it in the next reply to help me understand your situation better?

    If you want to see the image that fills the screen when you create a new tab, instead of its part, you can set it on the New Tab page as shown below:

    Image _

    In case of Microsoft Edge browser for Android, you can set it as follows:

    _

    If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

    Best Regards,

    Mosken_L - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments