How do I get image of the day to fill the whole page, like Brave does?

Anonymous
2023-12-01T21:48:42+00:00

Brave is a great web browser but I'm exploring Microsoft edge. To be honest, I find a lot of it a bit strange and it's UI. But I like the tab design. Anyway, one thing that I find very weird and disconcerting is that the image of the day only feels the top of the web page. Why do that! Are there flags that I can change to make the image of the day fill the whole web page? It is an absolutely terrible design to just keep the priority of the image of the day to be in landscape and not respect the size of the web page.

Any help would be really appreciated. I really do hope there's a solution because that's just really strange. I also have other issues about tabs opening in the first page not the last among some other things but I can worry about that later.

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

7 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-06T01:46:11+00:00

    Unfortunately, I replicated the problem you're experiencing on my tablet, and it does appear that the image doesn't fill the entire page in vertical screen.

    Microsoft takes every issue from users very seriously. You may feedback your problem in the Microsoft Edge browser. Open the start page in the Microsoft Edge browser, then click ”More options“ > Send feedback*. that will open the feedback window (Note that the feedback window will capture the current screen and URL link and email address, and you can add Attachment and record your problem), enter your problem, and click "Send".*

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T15:27:56+00:00

    还有人想回答关于如何使图片适合平板电脑上的整个网页的建设性论点吗?我们知道它适用于手机,但在平板电脑上不起作用。你希望它保持一致,对吧?你的Microsoft对吧?你的 Microsoft。我实际上正在使用 Outlook,这是一个残酷的应用程序,因为你有太多的错误,似乎没有人看到,这是另一个错误,它只是一张图片,你无法修复它?这只是一些代码。你们现在都对我保持沉默?我给你发了平板电脑上发生的事情的图片。你是不是那么愚蠢,你不能升级这个问题并找到合适的解决方案,或者有人让技术人员来修复代码?这就是您需要做的。有人醒着吗?你的Microsoft对吧?你是Microsoft对吧?我只是想确定你的你知道你的Microsoft对吗?说真的,你们这些人怎么了?你只是喷出无用的回应,然后你安静下来,因为你没有回应?你甚至不能升级它?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-04T11:35:45+00:00

    Hello ,

    Good to see you in Microsoft Community.

    Firstly, could you let me know the specific version info of the system and the Microsoft Edge browser? Please check it and only send the relevant information without PII in the next reply.

    • System version Win +R key, and type "winver", press Enter.

     

    • Microsoft Edge browser version Type "edge://settings/help" in the Edge address bar and press Enter*.*

    Would you please describe your problem in detail or send me a screenshot/photo of it, and include it in the next reply to help me understand your situation better?

    If you want to see the image that fills the screen when you create a new tab, instead of its part, you can set it on the New Tab page as shown below:

    Image _

    In case of Microsoft Edge browser for Android, you can set it as follows:

    Image

    Image

    _

    If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

    Best Regards,

    Mosken_L - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Are you still there? Are you going to get back to me with an answer? I already know how to turn on the wallpaper. That's why I already have a picture. Why are you telling me something that I already know? I already showed you that the picture is not filling the full page. The wallpaper is turned on. You are using edge on a mobile phone not a tablet. I'm telling you that this problem is with a tablet. So why doesn't the page sorry the picture fill the whole page when using it on a tablet?

    Are you just going to ignore me by giving advice which is completely useless because you're doing it on a mobile telephone not a tablet? And then you go quiet? You haven't explained anything about the problem or even said that you will take this to Microsoft so they can figure out the bug. So are you awake? Or are you just wanting to be stupid and then thinking you solve the problem and then you say come back to you with anything to ask and I've done that now through time and you've done nothing. So do you want to report the boat to Microsoft or do you want to stay stupid and give advice that I already know? How do you think I've got a picture in the web page browser without having wallpaper turned on you stupid idiot? Why do all you people want to be so stupid? You give advice that I already know that is so obvious otherwise I wouldn't have a picture in the web page browser browser but it's not showing up properly by filling the whole page when using it on the tablet. So what's wrong with you people to not want to fix this and just give stupid advice like you think it matters? Now you will wake? Wake up and fix the bug. You stupid idiot!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-02T20:21:17+00:00

    Do you have a solution for why this is happening? It goes full page with the mobile app but not on the tablet app. It is extremely frustrating. Among some other things. Like why do new tabs open to the left instead of to the right and I don't know a preference on how to change that. And that's happening on the mobile app but not the desktop app although for some reason it was doing it on the desktop app but it changed. So how do I get it to open new tabs to the right on the mobile app? I really don't understand the basics that you're changing the UI for by reverssing everything every other browser has. It doesn't make you new and different it just makes you look stupid. Because you can't natively use this in the way I could test other web browsers. It's really kind of mindless. You do the same thing with Outlook as well.

    There are better ways to make yourself different than just moving stuff around like you think that's going to make you worth using.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-02T07:15:22+00:00

    I just checked the full screen of the tablet when using Microsoft edge and it is the same problem. When I look at Microsoft edge on my phone it does fill the screen but on the tablet for some reason it is not. I don't see why it's making a difference and I don't know how to fix it. It is very disconcerting because it looks absolutely terrible.

    How do I fix this? Because it looks so bad. See this screenshot. This is full screen. Same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments