Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on iOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I launch Edge there is no tab at the top, just a + button to create a new tab.
If I tap the + button, it creates a new tab, but if I go to a website on the new tab, it still displays "New Tab" on the tab instead of the website's name.
To the left of that tab, I see the Favicon for the website I went to, but it's a black space and tapping on it does nothing.
If I tap the "New Tab" tab it displays Edge's default new tab page with the name of the website I went to.
I deleted and reinstalled the app, but that didn't fix the issue.
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on iOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Good day KevinWehner, thanks for your question. I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I have checked and tried replicating this on my end with an iPad 6th generation on iPadOS 17.4.1 and has Edge on version 123.0.2420.90 and I have not seen the same. Have you tried restarting the device and see how it goes?
Regards,
Paul R.
Yes, I've restarted and tried uninstalling/reinstalling a couple times, but I'm still seeing the issue. I cannot replicate it on my wife's iPad Mini either. I hate to reset my iPad, but it may come to that.
Before you do a reset, you can try to clean up the browser first by going to 3 dots > Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data > Time range tap All Time > Clear now and then check it again afterwards.
I tried clearing all browser data, but that didn't fix the issue. I reported this on Reddit in the Microsoft Edge sub. and another person is seeing this too, so I'm not the only one.
My apologies on this in-app experience and in this case you can also send a feedback via the browser itself from the 3 dots > Help and feedback and hopefully the Edge team will patch this anytime soon.