Tab Issues Edge v. 123.0.2420.90 on iPadOS

Anonymous
2024-04-12T13:08:11+00:00

When I launch Edge there is no tab at the top, just a + button to create a new tab.

If I tap the + button, it creates a new tab, but if I go to a website on the new tab, it still displays "New Tab" on the tab instead of the website's name.

To the left of that tab, I see the Favicon for the website I went to, but it's a black space and tapping on it does nothing.

If I tap the "New Tab" tab it displays Edge's default new tab page with the name of the website I went to.

I deleted and reinstalled the app, but that didn't fix the issue.

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

21 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T23:15:30+00:00

    Yes, did that too and included a screenshot - thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. paulr0511 49,135 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-12T22:52:24+00:00

    My apologies on this in-app experience and in this case you can also send a feedback via the browser itself from the 3 dots > Help and feedback and hopefully the Edge team will patch this anytime soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T21:48:39+00:00

    I tried clearing all browser data, but that didn't fix the issue. I reported this on Reddit in the Microsoft Edge sub. and another person is seeing this too, so I'm not the only one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. paulr0511 49,135 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-12T20:57:59+00:00

    Before you do a reset, you can try to clean up the browser first by going to 3 dots > Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data > Time range tap All Time > Clear now and then check it again afterwards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T17:00:25+00:00

    Yes, I've restarted and tried uninstalling/reinstalling a couple times, but I'm still seeing the issue. I cannot replicate it on my wife's iPad Mini either. I hate to reset my iPad, but it may come to that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments