Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on iOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I launch Edge there is no tab at the top, just a + button to create a new tab.
If I tap the + button, it creates a new tab, but if I go to a website on the new tab, it still displays "New Tab" on the tab instead of the website's name.
To the left of that tab, I see the Favicon for the website I went to, but it's a black space and tapping on it does nothing.
If I tap the "New Tab" tab it displays Edge's default new tab page with the name of the website I went to.
I deleted and reinstalled the app, but that didn't fix the issue.
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on iOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Dark mode only changes the color of the active tab text from black to white, which then makes the white text visible against the tab’s black background. It doesn’t fix the issue.
For some reason, the active tab’s background is black making the tab text practically invisible.
If the recent edge update did this, please fix it, it is awfully annoying.
Thanks
Todays update seems to have fixed it.
Yes, update dropped today, Apr 17th, and now is fixed. It was completely annoying.
Update this only happens in Light Mode. Tabs display properly if I switch to Dark Mode.
I tried clearing all browser data, but that didn't fix the issue. I reported this on Reddit in the Microsoft Edge sub. and another person is seeing this too, so I'm not the only one.