Why is InPrivate browsing blocked on my mobile Edge browser?

Anonymous
2022-07-24T03:14:17+00:00

I am 24 years old and my account settings reflect that. I am in a family group as an adult. I have access to InPrivate browsing on the desktop Edge app. Why can't I access the InPrivate browsing with the same account on mobile?

Microsoft Edge | Profile, sync, and sign in | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T04:00:29+00:00

    Hi Gustavo. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

    Why are you even in a Family group which should only be for parental controls? It's buggy and apt to cause problems like this.

    Did you inadvertently add your account in Settings > Accounts > Family & Other Users > Family instead of Other Users?

    I'd remove myself from the family entirely here:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10555/...

    https://www-tenforums-com.translate.goog/tutori...

    Then remove the Family account from PC:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpCqFx2fVU

    If none of that works and it isn't needed I'd uninstall Family Safety to get rid of it: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64647...

    Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

    ______________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments