Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Android
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For the last 2 to 3 weeks I've been having issues with slow AD authentication when access work-related websites. I use a separate profile for work purposes. The problem only happens with Edge on MacOS. It works fine with Chrome, Safari, Edge on Windows. It also only occurs with the aforementioned profile. I've tried removing the profile and re-adding, but the same slowness results. I've also tried Edge Beta and Edge Dev, which also have the same slowness when signed in to the same profile. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can resolve this? I can change browser but I don't think any other browser supports multiple profiles as well as Edge. I currently use 4 separate profiles to keep different MS 365 accounts fully separate.
Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Android
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The profiles are stored separately for each version. I've tried logging out of a profile, deleting the Edge profile folder and re-logging in, but it makes no difference. There doesn't appear to be any profile information that's common to all versions. It's possible that a MacOS update has impacted Edge, which would explain the impact across all versions.
I have given up on this. I found something that works much better. I setup Multi-Account Containers inside of Firefox. Have no issues logging in and it's nice too because you can have different accounts and different containers in the same browser window. Everything is separated from a cookie, login, account perspective, but it shares bookmarks and plugins.
Microsoft - something changed with the recent update of Microsoft Edge on macOS. Not sure what it was, but please look into and submit a fix. This is too widespread to be limited to one type of Mac, Azure Directory, etc.
Are these community pages monitored for issues?
I know you're trying to help, but this answer makes absolutely no sense. We are reporting a NEW issue with Edge, that wasn't present before. Users reported that they tried reseting it and multiple profiles. It's clearly a bug introduced recently.
And suggest a VM as an option just to run a browser is like using a canon to kill a fly. There are many other browsers that offer profiles that are a much better answer to this problem - Orion is the one I would recommend.
I just installed the Canary version (daily builds) and the issue seem to be resolved. Hopefully a new public release addressing the issue is coming soon