open pdf files in Adobe NOT EDGE without having to download them

Anonymous
2022-07-27T16:28:55+00:00

I have look at pdf files from a certain website everyday. I do NOT want to download them, as I do not need to keep them. I want them to OPEN in Adobe NOT in Edge. Every piece of info i see tells me how to download them to my pc and then open so they dont automatically open in Edge. I DO NOT want to download them. Is there a way to do this? This is a real pain in the *ss.

Microsoft Edge | Read PDFs | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

33 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-16T12:20:53+00:00

    This is the correct answer! I am glad I kept reading, and it was frustrating to me that the person was asking their question correctly, and it was the same question I had except it was with the Foxit PDF editor and not Adobe, and yet no one was answering it correctly and making it difficult. Microsoft, that was such a simple solution that should have been advertised! Maybe let people know this in the settings section where you choose how Edge handles PDFs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-26T20:04:38+00:00

    To avoid having the PDF open in Edge, you must check "Always download PDF files". The PDF has to be transmitted (downloaded) to your PC one way or another. If you let Edge open the PDF, it still downloads the PDF but (depending on your settings) stores it in OneDrive/Pictures instead of the Downloads folder.

    Once the download occurs, you can click the PDF in the download dropdown and it will open the PDF in Acrobat.

    No, it does not. It still opens in Edge, even with Adobe set as the default app for PDFs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-26T20:03:00+00:00

    Absolutely unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-19T17:05:01+00:00

    Have you try to download the acrobat extension? that works for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-03T17:25:55+00:00

    This works!!! Thank you TheVulpineAce!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments