open pdf files in Adobe NOT EDGE without having to download them

Anonymous
2022-07-27T16:28:55+00:00

I have look at pdf files from a certain website everyday. I do NOT want to download them, as I do not need to keep them. I want them to OPEN in Adobe NOT in Edge. Every piece of info i see tells me how to download them to my pc and then open so they dont automatically open in Edge. I DO NOT want to download them. Is there a way to do this? This is a real pain in the *ss.

Microsoft Edge | Read PDFs | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

33 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T16:47:21+00:00

    I believe your issue is because MS Edge is set as your default PDF Viewer. From Windows Start Menu select Settings > Apps > Default Apps. Scroll to the bottom of page to Related Settings, then Select Choose defaults by file type. Scroll down until you see .pdf . In your case it will probably show MS Edge as default. Click on white area to open the program selection setting. Then choose your preferred PDF viewer you have already installed on your system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-22T08:57:48+00:00

    All the solutions require that you actually have edge. I blew that garbage away, but every time try to grab a pdf online it tries to open in edge, which ofc does not work. HOW TF DO YOU GET PDFS TO DOWNLOAD NORMALLY, WITHOUT USING GARBAGE EDGE?

    And don't tell me to install edge again. That junk is blocked at the network level.

    Microsoft, you are cruising for a class action lawsuit so f'ing fast...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-20T22:23:44+00:00

    If your solution works then it is OK for those that want to go throught the manual steps. The solution that I put forward almost a year ago is still working solid even on W11 across the thousands of computers our company supports. It is also a solution that can run also from a simple script to fix any computer instantly. Look for the details on the first page of this thread for: "DaveG_SDX Replied on November 30, 2022"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-20T18:57:18+00:00

    I forgot to say make sure that your Adobe Acrobat Pro is your Default PDF viewer for Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-20T17:38:50+00:00

    That does NOT stop Edge from opening PDF's. I want Adobe AcrobatPro to open ALL pdf's, NOT Edge. AcrpbatPro is my default application.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments