Hardware Acceleration option has disappeared on 110.0.1587.41

Anonymous
2023-02-10T18:01:40+00:00

I upgraded to the latest version of Edge yesterday (110.0.1587.41 ARM) and now I can no longer find the option to turn off/on hardware acceleration. With my job I have to turn it off or on depending on what code or test I am looking at. When Edge updated it was set to off, and now I cannot turn it back on. Does anyone know why it was removed and if there is a backdoor to turn it back on?

Thanks,

Allan

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

16 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 937.9K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-10T18:40:12+00:00

    Hi Allan,

    I am Dave, I will help you with this.

    In Edge, open its Settings, then go to System and Performance, the Hardware Acceleration setting is still there in non ARM version 110.0.1587.41

    If that setting is not available in the ARM version, the best option would be to report this bug to the Edge Developers, open the Feedback pane in Edge (Alt + Shift + i) and report this bug to the Developers there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments