Hardware Acceleration option has disappeared on 110.0.1587.41

Anonymous
2023-02-10T18:01:40+00:00

I upgraded to the latest version of Edge yesterday (110.0.1587.41 ARM) and now I can no longer find the option to turn off/on hardware acceleration. With my job I have to turn it off or on depending on what code or test I am looking at. When Edge updated it was set to off, and now I cannot turn it back on. Does anyone know why it was removed and if there is a backdoor to turn it back on?

Thanks,

Allan

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

16 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T19:50:38+00:00

    Hi Eric,

    Yes, it is still an issue in 110.0.1587.69. I'm quite surprised something like this has taken so long to fix.

    Allan

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T19:13:23+00:00

    I know this was posted quite a while ago, but it looks like this thread has gotten some views recently. Hence, I wanted to check in and see if you (or anyone landing on this thread via search) are still seeing this behavior on the latest version of Microsoft Edge. 

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-22T16:24:18+00:00

    Thanks for making this post, it's gone for me as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 937.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-11T08:02:59+00:00

    Hi Allan, glad to help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-11T04:41:43+00:00

    Thanks for the reply, Dan. On the ARM version (MacOS) the entire "System" section of the page is no longer there. I'll put in a bug report.

    Allan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments