Hardware Acceleration option has disappeared on 110.0.1587.41

Anonymous
2023-02-10T18:01:40+00:00

I upgraded to the latest version of Edge yesterday (110.0.1587.41 ARM) and now I can no longer find the option to turn off/on hardware acceleration. With my job I have to turn it off or on depending on what code or test I am looking at. When Edge updated it was set to off, and now I cannot turn it back on. Does anyone know why it was removed and if there is a backdoor to turn it back on?

Thanks,

Allan

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

16 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-26T14:55:24+00:00

    It is back in Insider Build 114.0.1807.1 (Dev). Have no idea why this took so long.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-26T09:40:23+00:00

    Version 112.0.1722.58 (Official build) (arm64)

    Still no button... such a shame

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-22T02:41:56+00:00

    Issue still persists in the latest version of 111.0.1661.51.

    Figma is unusable in Microsoft Edge for MacOS due to WebGL support being dropped by Microsoft on MacOS (is that an official stance, because as far as optics, that's how it's appearing)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-14T07:04:51+00:00

    Hardware Acceleration setting still missing in non ARM version

    Version 111.0.1661.41 (Official build) (x86_64)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-13T21:20:00+00:00

    Thanks for checking in Eric, the problem still persists.

    I just updated to Version 111.0.1661.41 (Official build) (arm64) and sites needing WebGL still tell me it's disabled, and there is nowhere in the settings to enable it or hardware acceleration.

    Macbook Pro, 16 inch 2021

    M1 Max

    64gb

    Ventura 13.1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments