Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on Android devices
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am using Microsoft Edge on my MacBook Pro 2021 model with M1 Pro CPU. I found that one i opened too many tabs which could potentially make sound (e.g. an ended Google meet tabs, a youtube tab that's not playing) or tabs that actually making sound, then the speaker on the computer would create cracking and popping sound frequently (e.g. once every half min)
For now, when this happens, i would just close a bunch of tabs on Edge, then the cracking sound would be gone.
Is there anyone experienced the same?
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on Android devices
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks for submitting feedback. I don't know how long the issue will take to resolve. It really depends on how complex the issue is. If you provided your email address you'll receive updates as the status of your work item changes.
ok, just done and submitted the feedback ticket. How long can I expect a feedback?
Hello dpotterEP,
I apologize for the delayed response. Thanks for testing with your extensions disabled. I'd like you to submit feedback about this issue so our engineers can investigate. To open the feedback portal, click on the ellipsis(...) top right > Help and feedback > Send feedback. Please include a the URL to this thread in the description section of your feedback.
I have done some extensive testing and it seems it's still the case even if i removed all the extensions, or just using 1-2 extensions.
Thanks for clarifying that this happens regardless if there's audio playing from the browser or not. It's possible this is caused by a misbehaving extension. If you don't mind please open a New InPrivate Browser window and test if it's occurring there too. To do this click on the ellipsis(...) top right > Select New InPrivate Window.