Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Android
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi, I have started using Edge on my Mac today and I have noticed when navigating back/forward using touchpad there is a certain delay before the navigation actually happens. It is very annoying and makes you browse the web slower.
I have recorded a video which illustrates the issue I am having, first you can see how slowly Edge does the navigation, and then you can see how quickly Chrome does the same thing
https://monosnap.com/file/7tXMbt4EL7A2lmAgK0SOaNbv2OH5n0
This only happens when using the touchpad to swipe back/forward, using keyboard shortcuts or pressing the back button with mouse provides instant navigation, as it should always be.
Is there any way to reduce or completely remove this lag?
Thanks!
Improving performance and responsiveness of Edge on Android
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I also still have this issue with latest Edge. I was really surprised it's not being addressed through such a long period. I have to ditch Edge again for a while..
I have a 91.0.864.71 versión in MacOS and this issue keeps happening to me.
I've just installed latest Edge Version 90.0.818.41 (Official build) (64-bit) and this issue seems to be fixed!
Awesome
Interesting, for me the issue occurs all the time, it doesn't just start when I have a lot of tabs open, it just happens all the time, so I think it is an intentional design choice and not a bug. A bad design choice nonetheless. The lag should be removed or at least users should be able to configure it.
Thanks for your reply, I've sent my feedback using the method you described and I've also linked to this issue in my feedback. I hope there is some solution.
Cheers