How to redeem points with an email rather than a phone number?

Anonymous
2024-07-12T22:39:23+00:00

I've tried to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, but every time I try, I get an error message like " Try another verification method" or "Something went wrong". I have even verified that no other account has the number linked by switching to incognito mode and trying to log in with the phone number, but no account had he number. Does anyone no what else I can do. I only want to connect it so I can redeem my Microsoft points, so is there a way I can redeem them using an email rather than a phone number?

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

8 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-22T17:40:26+00:00

    I have an error message saying "We do not support this country code", does that mean i cant any phone numbers i have available? For context im from Lithuania so all of the phone numbers are Lithuanian.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,685 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-13T01:22:02+00:00

    I am glad that the method suggestion on the thread works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-13T00:57:23+00:00

    I fixed it!!! The one link you gave to help trouble shoot stated to use your phones data and not WiFi when adding your phone number. The person the advisor was trying to help said it didn’t work for them but I thought it was worth a shot. I also entered my phone number with no spaces, extra characters, or the number for the country your phone number is for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,685 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-13T00:41:57+00:00

    You are welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-13T00:40:25+00:00

    Thanks for the help! I’ll write back if I fix my problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments