How to redeem points with an email rather than a phone number?

Anonymous
2024-07-12T22:39:23+00:00

I've tried to add my phone number to my Microsoft account, but every time I try, I get an error message like " Try another verification method" or "Something went wrong". I have even verified that no other account has the number linked by switching to incognito mode and trying to log in with the phone number, but no account had he number. Does anyone no what else I can do. I only want to connect it so I can redeem my Microsoft points, so is there a way I can redeem them using an email rather than a phone number?

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

8 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-22T17:40:26+00:00

    I have an error message saying "We do not support this country code", does that mean i cant any phone numbers i have available? For context im from Lithuania so all of the phone numbers are Lithuanian.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,680 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-12T23:19:36+00:00

    Hi,

    Kayece here, An Independent advisor and a user just like you. I will be happy to assist you today.

    I understand that you wanted to redeem your MS rewards without a phone number but unfortunately, you need one to redeem your rewards. You can try a different phone number if your current phone number cannot push through.

    If you cannot or have difficulty providing a phone number, you may contact MS rewards support to see if they can offer you a different way to redeem.

    https://rewards.bing.com/support

    I hope this helps. If you need more assistance, let me know.

    Stay Safe!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-12T23:53:26+00:00

    Is there a way to trouble shoot my phone number problem? I'd rather fix this issue so I don't always have to contact support when I want to redeem points. I have tried two different phone numbers and neither worked. I tried two weeks ago and still had the same errors.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-13T00:57:23+00:00

    I fixed it!!! The one link you gave to help trouble shoot stated to use your phones data and not WiFi when adding your phone number. The person the advisor was trying to help said it didn’t work for them but I thought it was worth a shot. I also entered my phone number with no spaces, extra characters, or the number for the country your phone number is for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,680 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-13T00:04:31+00:00

    I understand your frustration but your current issue is beyond the scope of this community as we do not have access to any data. Microsoft Community is a public forum.

    You may try to follow some troubleshooting suggestions on the thread below.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/...

    If the steps do not help, I suggest contacting Microsoft Rewards support regarding your difficulty providing a phone number to redeem the reward points or you can contact Microsoft support via live chat by following the steps below.

    Go to the link: https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact

    *Type this keyword and press Enter: Contact Support.

    *Then click "Contact Support" at the bottom.

    *Select "Technical support."

    *Click "Chat with a support agent in your web browser".

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments