How do I recover data deleted from a table ?

BIHI Tarik 20 Reputation points
2025-04-02T08:33:48.45+00:00

How do I recover data deleted from a table ? The data has been automatically deleted by a data retention policy.

Azure Data Explorer
Azure Data Explorer

An Azure data analytics service for real-time analysis on large volumes of data streaming from sources including applications, websites, and internet of things devices.


Answer accepted by question author
Sander van de Velde | MVP 37,081 Reputation points MVP
2025-04-02T18:31:06.8766667+00:00

Hello @BIHI Tarik ,

welcome to this moderated Azure community forum.

The answer that @Venkat Reddy Navari gave seems pretty complete.

More information about performing a soft delete can be found here. I was not able to find documentation about the .undrop table [TableName] command. To recover that soft deleted data, you need to create a support ticket.

I also want to add to this that you can export Azure Data Explorer data via a continuous data export.

My friend Wilko wrote a nice blog post about this option.

Although this does not prevent deletion of data in databases, at least it can be exported and optionally imported again if needed.


If the response helped, do "Accept Answer". If it doesn't work, please let us know the progress. All community members with similar issues will benefit by doing so. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Was this answer helpful?


0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.