I am unable to access the sandbox in Microsoft learn when do AZ900 sandbox

Joe Taylor Maurice 20 Reputation points
2025-03-23T02:48:03+00:00

Dear Microsoft Support

I am unable to access the sandbox in Microsoft learn when do AZ900 sandbox

Exercise create a Azure virtual machine.

When I go to sign into my account, I get the following messages

'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application '18fbca16-2224-45f6-85b0-f7bf2b39b3f3' in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first.

AADSTS500200: User account '******@outlook.com' is a personal Microsoft account. Personal Microsoft accounts are not supported for this application unless explicitly invited to an organization. Try signing out and signing back in with an organizational account.

To resolve this, I have tried the following

Accessing the site with different browsers, Edge,Firebox,Chrome

Using an iPad

Clearing the cache data

Logging in and out

Used a different computer

I have Freind who works at Microsoft in Auckland CBD he tried his laptop and user ID which ends in @Microsoft.

He has the same issue so, for me if someone who works at Microsoft can't access a learning resource, I believe the problem is independent of me.

I am feeling a little frustrated because this is preventing me from learning, please help.

Kind Regards

Joe Maurice This question is related to the following Learning Module

Azure | Azure Training
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
TP 163.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2025-03-23T03:53:03.7+00:00

Hi Joe,

This is known issue with sandbox.

You should be able to work around the issue by first Activating the sandbox (solving puzzles, reviewing/accepting permissions, etc.) and then once you see the sign-in box appear on the right open a new browser tab. In this new tab, browse to https://shell.azure.com. If your existing sandbox hasn't expired you can use that instead of activating a new one.

When prompted, click Bash

User's image

Next choose No storage account required, for Subscription select Concierge Subscription, and click Apply.

User's image

After several seconds delay while a cloud shell is requested and connected to, you should see $ prompt. At this point you can complete the exercises instructions, copy/paste code from exercise tab to cloud shell tab as needed, etc.

NOTE: You need to complete tasks in Unit 3 Exercise - Create an Azure virtual machine and Unit 9 Exercise - Configure network access tasks using same sandbox, before it expires. Otherwise the Unit 9 exercise tasks will fail.

Please click Accept Answer and upvote if the above was helpful.

Thanks.

-TP

Was this answer helpful?


0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.