An Azure service that provides an event-driven serverless compute platform.
Flex Consumption function timer trigger and Orchestration queue trigger stopped firing
I’m running an Orchestration function triggered by a Timer function, which has been working smoothly for months. However, last night, the timer stopped firing. When I manually trigger the Timer function (which should then trigger the Orchestration), the Timer function runs successfully but stops there—the Orchestration isn’t being triggered by the queue message it’s supposed to pick up.
The function is hosted on the Flex Consumption plan.
Here’s the Timer trigger info (stored in a file in Blob Storage, which hasn’t updated since March 18, 23:15:00 UTC):
{
"Last": "2025-03-18T23:15:00.0008606+00:00",
"Next": "2025-03-18T23:30:00+00:00",
"LastUpdated": "2025-03-18T23:15:00.0008606+00:00"
}
As far as I can tell, we didn’t make any changes or deploy updates to the function around that time. My only theory is that this might be connected to this incident:
"At 23:21 UTC on 18 March 2025, another impact to network capacity occurred during the recovery of the underlying fiber that customers may have experienced the same intermittent connectivity loss and increased latency sending traffic within, to and from East US Region."
Any insights or help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
EDIT: I may have found a cause/symptom of the issue. When starting the functions the group target previously was marked as durable but is now marked as http, as can be seen here:
EDIT 2: I was able to get it working again for now with this: