The SQL Server Product key is not valid.

Roden C Pineda 0 Reputation points
2024-06-03T13:01:11.3533333+00:00

I have installed the SQL Sever 2022 Standard but when I chose to put the key it says that the key is not valid. I tried to proceed with basic installation and chose the version to evaluation and when it completed, I have now the option of Upgrade Edition. When doing this and putting the key it still says the key is not valid. The vendor gave me a new key and it is giving the same "not valid"

SQL Server | Other
SQL Server | Other

Additional SQL Server features and topics not covered by specific categories


1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Olaf Helper 47,621 Reputation points
    2024-06-03T18:33:17.65+00:00

    it still says the key is not valid.

    The product key is bound to the product version; sure, it's a key for SQL Server 2022 and maybe not for 2019? Ask your reseller.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.