Disable Sign-in to Microsoft Edge in Android through Intune

Lokesh K 35 Reputation points
2024-03-10T10:13:15.7466667+00:00

Hi All,

This is regarding the Edge Configuration profile for Android in Fully dedicated device.

Goal : Disable the browser sign-in / User shouldn't be asked to sign-in to browser.

I've configured in App Configuration policy of Edge to Disable the sign-in using the below Option.

Key : Block Sign-in to Edge

Type : Bool

Value : True

Also, I've disabled the Sync by setting "EdgeSyncDisabled" to True.

Is there anything I'm missing out?, Or these features have any dependency?

Alternative : Any workaround that can wipe the data from Chrome also helpful.

Microsoft Security | Intune | Other
Microsoft Edge | Microsoft Edge development

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Mark Taylor 446 Reputation points
    2024-11-13T11:10:36.4633333+00:00

    Thanks Lokesh K

    This solved this for me after months:

    When creating the token, the type for Dedicated device should be "Corporate owned dedicated device (default)"

    NOT: "Dedicated device with Microsoft Entra Shared Mode"

    I picked shared mode because people are indeed sharing the tablet, I did not appreciate that this is to allow ease for people signing in with their work creds and having confidence that creds are not remembered.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. ZhoumingDuan-MSFT 17,375 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff
    2024-03-11T05:29:14.2266667+00:00

    @Lokesh K,Thanks for posting in Q&A.

    From your description, I know you want to disable Sign-in to Microsoft Edge in Android through Intune

    Based on my research, the app configuration policy you have configured will work.

    Moreover, if you want to clear the cookies, web data and cache from Chrome, you can follow the link below.

    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid#:~:text=In%20the%20Chrome%20app.%201%20On%20your%20Android,the%20boxes.%206%20Tap%20Clear%20data.%20See%20More.

    Non-official, just for reference.

    Hope it will help.

    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.