A Microsoft tool designed to automate database migration to SQL Server from Access, DB2, MySQL, Oracle, and SAP ASE.
Had this today, disabled Cloudflare WARP and it started working.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have installed SQL Server Migration Assistant for MySQL but it will start up. When I launch the program, it displays the splash screen and as it is displaying the message "Configuring Telemetry...", the program throws an exception. How can I resolve this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program a few times. I have MySQL and SQL Server running on my computer. I've also installed the ODBC Driver for MySQL. This is the error: Cannot start because of an initialization error Try to restart the application. If this problem remains, contact support group (please provide a log file). Unexpected error. Details: Exception: One or more errors occurred. site: source: InnerException #1: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.AbstractTelemetryProvider.Containers.TelemetryEventData' threw an exception. site: Void .ctor(Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.AbstractTelemetryProvider.Enums.TelemetryOperationType, System.Guid) source: Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.AbstractTelemetryProvider at Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.AbstractTelemetryProvider.Containers.TelemetryEventData..ctor(TelemetryOperationType operationType, Guid activityId) at Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.AbstractTelemetryProvider.Recorders.Abstraction.TelemetryEventRecorder.AddEvent(TelemetryOperationType eventType) at Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.AbstractTelemetryProvider.Recorders.TelemetryApplicationEventRecorder.WriteSetup(String osName, String productName, Boolean isInternal) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.SSMA.GUI.Product.SourceToTarget.Startup.GuiBootstrap`1.<InitializeAsync>d__11.MoveNext() InnerException #2: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. site: System.String GetMachineId() source: Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.AbstractTelemetryProvider at Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.AbstractTelemetryProvider.Containers.TelemetryEventData.GetMachineId() at Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.AbstractTelemetryProvider.Containers.TelemetryEventData..cctor()
A Microsoft tool designed to automate database migration to SQL Server from Access, DB2, MySQL, Oracle, and SAP ASE.
Additional SQL Server features and topics not covered by specific categories
Had this today, disabled Cloudflare WARP and it started working.
I found multiple posts with the same issue and no-one had the correct answer or an answer at all. This error is due to a unique scenario where you have multiple network adapters and the one on the top of the list either does not have a MACAddress or IPEnabled =false.
I ran into this issue and ended up patching the GetMachineID() function in the Microsoft.SSMA.Framework.Generic.AbstractTelemetryProvider.dll to return a dummy value when it could not find a network adapter with a valid MAC or IP. My specific issue was my Tailscale tunnel adapter that had IPEnabled = true but has a blank MAC address, and this is what was causing this to crash. You can either patch your DLL like i did or you can fix your network adapter order so the first one it pulls up has a MAC and IPEnabled = Tue. use this command to verify: Get-WmiObject Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration | Where-Object { $_.IPEnabled -eq $true } | Select Description, MACAddress, IPEnabled