Allow user to open specific program with admin privileges

Shimi 1 Reputation point
2024-02-25T16:49:54.3166667+00:00

I have a software that requires admin privileges to run but the standard user needs to work with it. For now I gave the user admin privileges on those computers, but I'm looking for different solutions. I can schedule a task to run on event that the user can trigger, but it runs in the background so the user can't interact with it. any suggestions?

Windows for business | Windows Server | User experience | Other
Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Marcin Policht 109.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2024-02-25T18:21:04.6466667+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-27T07:58:43.1933333+00:00

    Hello שימי רוזנברג, Thank you for posting in Q&A forum.

    You can right click the software and select Properties and the option "Run this program as an Administrator". Then check if you can run it as non-admin account. User's image


    If the Answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.