Policies for Office Apps not applying

Jason P 186 Reputation points
2024-02-07T17:25:47.92+00:00

Hi all, I have an issue that I just can't get my head around and wondering if I am doing something wrong. I have set up Policies for Office Apps in App Configuration policies and none of the configs I have put in there are being applied at all. I have set some specific ones for outlook and nothing. Even general office ones, still nothing. Is there something specific I need to do to make them apply? I don't see any errors in the event log (Unless I am looking in the wrong place - DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider -> Admin) I have the same issue with an App configuration Policy I created for Edge (Windows). I can only assume that this one does not apply because Edge was not deployed as an App but instead is part of the Windows 11 OS. Am I correct with regards to that and should create the policy as an Administrative Template? Thanks

Microsoft Security | Intune | Application management
Microsoft Security | Intune | Other

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Crystal-MSFT 54,326 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff
    2024-02-09T07:13:05.6166667+00:00

    @Jason P Thanks for posting in Q&A. For app configurator policy, there are two types we can configure.

    Managed devices - The device is managed by Intune as the unified endpoint management provider. The app must be deployed via Intune on iOS/iPadOS or deployed through Managed Google Play on Android devices. In addition, the app supports the desired app configuration.

    Managed apps - An app that has either integrated the Intune App SDK or have been wrapped using the Intune Wrapping Tool and supports App Protection Policies (APP). In this configuration, neither the device's enrollment state or how the app is delivered to the device matter. The app supports the desired app configuration.

    Please confirm if you choose managed devices. If yes, please deploy the app via Intune to make it work.

    Hope the above information can help.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.