Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Two places to check for that account.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I can't seem to get rid of a MS Teams account from a former employer.
The account from my former employer, continues to show up as a login option when I open the new Teams. I've followed the instructions for removing old accounts, and it does not show up as an option to remove, only my current valid account does.
How do I remove the old account if it doesn't show up under settings?
Additional features, settings, or issues not covered by specific Microsoft Teams categories
Two places to check for that account.
Hi Richard Cotte,
If you're unable to remove an old Microsoft Teams account associated with a former employer through the usual settings, you may want to try the following steps:
%appdata%\Microsoft\Teams.desktop-config.json and the downloads folder.regedit in the Run dialog.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Teams\LoggedInOnce.Always exercise caution when working with the Registry Editor, as making incorrect changes can potentially harm your system. If you're unsure, seek assistance from someone with experience in using the Registry Editor.
Remember to only attempt these steps if you are no longer using the old Teams account and are confident in removing the associated credentials.