Windows 11 - Windows Update - Updates failed - Error 0x80248014

X-Box-11-2021 485 Reputation points
2023-12-20T07:10:36.4366667+00:00

Hi All,

Edition: Windows 11 Pro

Version: 22H2

OS build: 22621.2715

Below are the errors I'm getting.

WS error 01

WS error 02

WS error 03

I tried:

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

It didn't help.

I tried sfc /scannow and it didn't help.

I tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and it didn't help.

I tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:G:\Sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess and it didn't help.

Please advise what else can be tried.

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Other

6 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Koziol, Wojciech 5 Reputation points
    2023-12-20T12:55:11.9833333+00:00

    Open Control Panel.

    Click System and Security.

    Click Windows Update.

    Click the Change Settings button.

    Select the Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows check box.

    Click OK.

    Try same commands like ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old and

    *ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

    If that doesn't work, try Windows 11 Assistant: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows11*

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.