How to reduce document intelligence latency ?

AMROUN Lysa 396 Reputation points
2023-11-22T14:58:11.5033333+00:00

Hello,

I employ Azure Document Intelligence for document recognition using template/neural models. I've noticed that it takes approximately 5 to 6 seconds to recognize all fields. I'm interested in reducing this latency and would like to know if it's possible and how to achieve it.

thank you

Lysa

Azure Document Intelligence in Foundry Tools
Foundry Tools
Foundry Tools

Formerly known as Azure AI Services or Azure Cognitive Services is a unified collection of prebuilt AI capabilities within the Microsoft Foundry platform


Answer accepted by question author
santoshkc 15,615 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2023-11-24T11:01:18.7833333+00:00

Hi @AMROUN Lysa ,

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help.

If others experiencing the same thing can easily reference this! Since the Microsoft Q&A community has a policy that "The question author cannot accept their own answer. They can only accept answers by others ", I'll repost the solution in case you'd like to accept the answer.
Question: How to reduce document intelligence latency ?
Answer: To reduce the latency of document recognition using Azure Document Intelligence, you can try the following:

  1. Use a smaller model: Smaller models have fewer parameters, which means they can be loaded faster and run faster.
  2. Use a pre-built model: Try using a pre-built model. Pre-built models are optimized for performance and can be faster than custom models.
  3. Use a GPU: Try using GPUs, which can accelerate the processing of models and reduce the latency of document recognition.
  4. Use batch processing: If you are processing multiple documents, try using batch processing. Batch processing can reduce the overall processing time by processing multiple documents at once.

Thank you for your understanding!


If this answers your query, do click Accept Answer and Yes for was this answer helpful.

Was this answer helpful?


0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.