Having trouble installing clean Windows 11 on Hyper-V Windows 11

Rod 41 Reputation points
2023-08-05T15:04:19.0533333+00:00

I have a Windows 11 PC and Hyper-V enabled. I successfully did a Quick Create option with Windows 11 Dev Environment virtual machine. However, when I try to create a Windows 11 VM from scratch I get error message "This PC can't run Windows 11".

Please advise,

Rodney

User's image

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | Storage high availability | Virtualization and Hyper-V

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-07T06:02:06.0366667+00:00

    Hi,

    It seems the Windows 11 Dev Environment VM is Generation 2 however the Windows 11 VM is Generation 1. Windows 11 requires TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot capable UEFI so you have to create a Generation 2 VM to run Windows 11. Please check out the Windows 11 system requirements over here.

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications

    Best Regards,

    Ian Xue


    If the Answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments