MS Bookings API Error - POST /solutions/bookingBusinesses/{id}/appointments

Tuukka Tihekari 35 Reputation points
2023-03-27T12:16:39.1566667+00:00

Hello,

I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I encountered while using the MS Bookings API. Until this point, the API has worked without issues and I have not made any modifications to my application. When I tried to make a POST request to create an appointment using the API endpoint /solutions/bookingBusinesses/{id}/appointments, I received an internal server error with the following details:

  • Status Code: 500
  • Error Code: InternalServerError
  • Request ID: 13a8d01b-36be-42c0-8ea8-1891af0ad9ee
  • Date: 2023-03-27T07:03:22.000Z
  • Message: "An internal server error occurred. The operation failed., Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.Generic.List1[Microsoft.Exchange.Data.StoreObjects.StorePropertyDefinition]' to type'System.Collections.Generic.ICollection1[Microsoft.Exchange.Data.PropertyDefinition]'."

I have already tried to troubleshoot the issue by reviewing the API documentation and making sure that all required parameters are included in the request, but the error persists. I suspect that there might be an issue with the API itself or the documentation is missing some details.

Could you please investigate this issue and provide me with a resolution? If there is any additional information you need from me, please let me know and I will be happy to provide it.

Thank you for your assistance, Tuukka

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Graph

Answer accepted by question author
Shivam Dhiman 6,086 Reputation points
2023-03-27T16:35:26.8066667+00:00

Hi @Tuukka Tihekari

I am able to replicate the same when I am using Customer-Id in body while creating appointment.
So as a workaround, I will suggest you to use Body without Customer-id.
Please refer to the below sample screenshot:Booking1

Sample Body:

{
    "@odata.type": "#microsoft.graph.bookingAppointment",
    "endDateTime": {
        "@odata.type": "#microsoft.graph.dateTimeTimeZone",
        "dateTime": "2023-04-04T16:30:00.0000000",
        "timeZone": "UTC"
    },
    "serviceId": "service-id",
    "staffMemberIds": [
        "Staff-member-id"
    ],
    "startDateTime": {
        "@odata.type": "#microsoft.graph.dateTimeTimeZone",
        "dateTime": "2023-04-04T16:00:00.0000000",
        "timeZone": "UTC"
    },

   ******@odata.type: "#Collection(microsoft.graph.bookingCustomerInformation)",
    "customers": [
        {
            "@odata.type": "#microsoft.graph.bookingCustomerInformation",
            "name": "Jordan Miller",
            "emailAddress": jordanm@****.com
        }
    ]
}

Also, I would recommend you to raise a support case with Microsoft Graph, a Support Engineer will be able to assist you better. You can raise support ticket from
http://aad.portal.azure.com/ or https://admin.microsoft.com/#/support/requests.

Hope this helps.

If the answer is helpful, please click Accept Answer and kindly upvote. If you have any further questions about this answer, please click Comment.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.