Partial blue or gray screen in Teams?

GlenTech 496 Reputation points
2023-03-10T19:23:43.85+00:00

One user started getting either a gray or blue partial screen in MS Teams which I haven’t seen happen to anyone before.

I tried clearing the “%appdata%\roaming\microsoft\teams” folder to delete the cache but that didn’t work. Then, I did a full uninstall and re-install after deleting all Teams folders in %appdata% both roaming and local. Did not work either. Disabled hardware acceleration and still no luck.

Her Teams version is the newest version (1.6.00.4472) and she’s on Win 10 22h2.

Anyone else see this before?

IMG_4462

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

31 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. EnochJacobs-7375 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-14T05:50:25.4266667+00:00

    Same issue with multiple users from a single client reported
    Issue does not happen for all files but can be replicated for known files
    Replicated on user running Teams version version (1.6.00.4472) Win 10 21H2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. GlenTech 496 Reputation points
    2023-03-14T13:13:08.8866667+00:00

    I made sure all the drivers were up-to-date but it's still occurring. Happened just now.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. RickyRocket 40 Reputation points
    2023-03-14T13:45:25.25+00:00

    Had the same issue with a user.

    Deleting the cache settings for Teams resolved it for a time but it re-occurred.

    Today, I verified the Theme settings in Teams. Noticed the user had none selected. I forced the "Default" setting.

    The blue overlay disappeared.

    I'm wondering if the Theme setting is part of a new feature set that came without a default selection.

    I'm continuing to keep an eye on it to see if it re-occurs.

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.

  4. Jytte S. Frandsen 0 Reputation points
    2023-03-14T15:54:18.6466667+00:00

    One of our users is experiencing the same issue when accessing Files in Teams. We have found no solution yet, but will check if she has a theme selected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Joe DeNicola 5 Reputation points
    2023-03-14T20:11:42.6366667+00:00

    I have a user with the same problem. Changing the theme works for a while, then it goes back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.