Win 11 Remote desktop toggle button doesn't work

Martin J88 35 Reputation points
2023-02-23T15:07:42.77+00:00

remote_desktop2.gifremote_desktop2

Very weird behavior from remote desktop app - see gif. Control panel settings shows that remote desktop is allowed but I still cannot connect.

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Remote desktop services and terminal services

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

7 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. MD&DD 0 Reputation points
    2025-02-15T21:42:54.3533333+00:00

    I just made mine to work! by going to firewall and doble click on allow apps through firewalls and doble click on remote desktop private box

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Radu Damian 85 Reputation points
    2025-09-17T08:36:55.8533333+00:00

    I've managed to solve this on my computer after upgrading to 25H2 by clicking on Windows Defender Firewall "Restore defaults".

    Screenshot 2025-09-17 113341

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.