We’re unable to validate your phone number

Toseef Ahmad 501 Reputation points
2023-01-10T07:35:03.46+00:00

while creating a new account at dev.azure.com. When I'm trying to get verification code to verify phone number. when I click on Send Text or Call me, I get an error on new page "We’re unable to validate your phone number". 277803-screenshot-5.png

Microsoft 365 and Office | Development | Microsoft 365 Publishing
Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Other

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

25 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Rosa Alden 120 Reputation points
    2023-06-23T16:04:17.6133333+00:00

    Hi,

    I encountered the same issue while creating a new account at dev.azure.com. When I clicked on "Send Text" or "Call me" to receive the verification code for my phone number, I received an error on a new page stating "We're unable to validate your phone number."

    To solve this problem, I discovered that the issue was due to an incorrect format or unsupported phone number. I double-checked the format of my phone number and made sure it was entered correctly.

    Additionally, I ensured that the phone number I provided was supported by the platform. After verifying the above details, I retried the verification process, and this time it was successful.

    So, if you encounter the same issue, I recommend checking the format and compatibility of your phone number and retrying the process.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.