Revolut debit card is declined

Martin Melka 326 Reputation points
2022-10-26T12:05:32.34+00:00

Hi,

I want to sign up for an Azure subscription with my Revolut VISA debit card but I am getting rejected. The error message states

Sorry, we can't accept pre-paid cards. Please try another payment method.

But the card is not pre-paid. It is a regular physical (not virtual!) debit card. What's the catch?

Azure Advisor
Azure Advisor

An Azure personalized recommendation engine that helps users follow best practices to optimize Azure deployments.


13 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. JimmySalian-2011 45,986 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2022-10-26T12:17:58.017+00:00

    Hi,

    For billing and setup you can raise a support case or call up the service desk

    Usually I had issues with Revolut cards for online transactions, might not be supported try another card if you have?

    Hope this helps.
    JS

    ==
    Please "Accept the answer" if the information helped you. This will help us and others in the community as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Andy Ryan 0 Reputation points
    2023-05-17T08:46:28.0866667+00:00

    Hi All,

    I was having a similar problem yesterday so I contacted Revolut. Once I enabled the card's online payments (card settings) in the Revolut Business app I was able to validate my card with MSFT.

    Hope this helps.

    Andy

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. VikkiVuk 15 Reputation points
    2023-08-21T15:59:09.5866667+00:00

    Hello,

    I have opened a feedback post in the feedback forum and I would like to kindly ask you to upvote this request so that we can get Microsoft to support Revolut because currently they do not support it. The post is here: https://feedback.azure.com/d365community/idea/91d24e4e-3b40-ee11-a81c-0022484c92b1.

    Thank you in advance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Bryan Hunt 20 Reputation points
    2023-11-28T09:07:47.5866667+00:00

    I had a similar problem, but I already have AWS and GCP subscriptions with my revolut account so I've decided to stay with them. The services are broadly similar across the different cloud providers and you can do windows hosting on both AWS and GCP anyway.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  5. Alex Leach 25 Reputation points
    2023-12-29T08:55:32.9966667+00:00

    Hi all,

    I wanted to let you all know that I think this is fixed now, woohoo! 🙌

    I initially raised an issue with the Chat pop-up button on the Azure free sign-up page, then mentioned to the support guy that I am actually a Microsoft Partner and Reseller, but ironically I can't sign up my company for this free service! The support guy agreed that I couldn't sign up for this anywhere else, so referred to the Microsoft Partner Centre Support team, who then referred me again to the Azure Customer Service team. I kept forwarding a link to this page and now, after just two days, I was able to sign up with my UK-based Revolut Business MasterCard debit card.

    Hopefully that should work with you guys, too. I've not tried with a Revolut Personal card (don't need to sign up twice, of course!).

    Good luck all!

    Best wishes,

    Alex

    Bio IT Consulting Ltd

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.