Globally unique resources that provide access to data management services and serve as the parent namespace for the services.
I'm also investigating this at the moment. I am testing from a Windows 10 machine (not in line of sight to an DC)
I have followed the pre-requites, particularly, I am using a synced AD account in AAD, that the share has been mounted on another machine using the key and set AD permissions. (I have re-set the permissions as this storage account was initially set to use AD authentication). I have ensured the user account is a SMB contributor and the storage account has been granted the API permissions.
I have set the CloudKerberosTicketRetrievalEnabled = 1 and I have tried using an Azure joined machine (thinking that the machine needs to be logged in with AAD credentials, rather than just entering the credentials in a SMB dialog). There are no conditional access policies configured (no endpoint license) and per-user MFA is not configured on the user account, but I get 'The user name or password is incorrect' when I try and mount the SMB share.
I have also allowed RC4_HMAC_MD5 and AES256_HMAC_SHA1 in local security policy
Also worth mentioning that if you use 'Windows Hello', make sure you sign in with a password not the pin, since this doesn't normally work with AD authentication on any day.
When the dialogue first appears when trying to mount the share, I note I receive: 'The system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request'
Then it precedes to show: 'The user name or password is incorrect' when trying to enter the UPN of the user. I have tried using 'AzureAD\<username>' format also.
Would really like to see this working, I guess this is why it is in preview?