Commercial use rights for Microsoft Edge Read Aloud voices via edge-tts

Winky 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T19:52:30.0133333+00:00

Hello,

I run a YouTube channel that publishes educational French-language videos. I currently use the Microsoft French neural voice fr-FR-DeniseNeural through the third-party open-source edge-tts Python package to generate narration.

I would like to clarify:

Is audio generated through edge-tts, which accesses Microsoft Edge Read Aloud voices, permitted for use in monetized YouTube videos?

Does Microsoft provide commercial-use rights for these outputs, or are such rights limited to audio generated through the official Azure AI Speech service?

Is there an official licensing document or Microsoft contact who can provide written confirmation?

I understand that edge-tts is not the official Azure Speech SDK, and I am not assuming that Azure's paid-tier licensing terms apply to it.

Thank you.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Carl-L 23,195 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-10T09:05:48.31+00:00

    Hello Winky,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    How thoughtful of you to think about what you can used in monetized content before actually doing it. However, I cannot find any article regarding this as I checked here. Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas.

    In this case, you can try to contact and seek advice from Microsoft using this link or contact Microsoft Support.

    Thank you for your understanding.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.