Birthdate incorrect on pofile

MARIANNE du plessis 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T17:52:35.8566667+00:00

Can I please get assistance with updating my birth date. I have tried all the remedies available, but it seems that when I initially signed up my daughters birth date was used and not mine, now I am unable to buy a subscription. Have tried all self help options please let me know who do I contact to correct this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 271.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-08T18:27:10.6033333+00:00

    When you go to https://account.live.com, did this screen pop up?

    User's image

    You want to choose "I am a parent or guardian", then sign into a different Microsoft account whose date of birth indicating an adult user. If you don't have one you can use, you can create a new one just for this purpose for now. It will prompt you to sign in, and give your account consent, and join your family group. Once joining the new account's family group, go to https://account.live.com/mykids.aspx sign in with the new account (adult one), you should see your "child" account listed. Click on "Edit this child's personal info" And it will let you update the date of birth for this child user.

    User's image

    Once updated, you can then use the "Remove consent for this child's account", then go back to the family safety page, click on this child account and choose "remove from family group".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.