Outlook email attachments do not preserve any date from when I downloaded the file

Matthew Henington 0 Reputation points
2026-10-08T14:59:51.31+00:00

Pretty straight forward, when I download an attachment from an email (in this case from 3 months ago) it downloads the file preserving only the date the file was created by the original owner/sender and the date it was received by me. So, when I sort my files to find it, there is no way to find the file based on when I downloaded it (ie today). Do you not see that as a huge issue? Everywhere I have read Microsoft says that's by design, but no regular user wants to sort their files for downloaded attachments based on those parameters. The typical user will sort their downloads by date and expect to see the date it was downloaded. I strongly encourage you to fix this.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Neil D 34,440 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-08T15:14:35.2266667+00:00

    This is a users forum and will not contact Microsoft directly.

    You should post this suggestion using the Feedback Hub in windows for the development team.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.