Unknown email folders on MSN outlook.

Gay Niermann 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T00:28:40.6266667+00:00

I use Outlook at have an msn.com email address. I just noticed I have three email folders that appear to be in Vietnamese, which I did not add. When I tried to delete the email folders, I received a message that the folders could not be deleted from the server. I had several messages from Microsoft this past week. Tell me that suspicious activity have been noticed on my account. How do I get rid of these folders? I’ve already changed my MSN password.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Emma1-N 13,430 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T08:03:26.8033333+00:00

    Welcome Gay Niermann,

    Thank you for providing those details. Since you recently received alerts about suspicious activity and are now seeing unexpected folders that you did not create, I'd like to gather a little more information while also suggesting a few safe checks.

    1. Are the folder names still visible when you sign in through Outlook.com on the web or do they only appear in an Outlook app?
    2. Please check your recent account activity:
      • Go to https://account.microsoft.com
      • Select Security > Sign-in activity
      • Review whether there are any unfamiliar sign-ins, locations, or devices.
    3. In Outlook.com, right-click one of the Vietnamese folders and select “Rename” (if available). Are you able to rename the folder, or do you receive an error?
    4. Do the folders contain any emails, or are they empty?

    Looking forward to your update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.