Outlook not connecting with Team

Gayle Hicks 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T21:08:05.6033333+00:00

I'm trying to get Outlook to let me see my Teams account and schedule Teams calls from Outlook, but the two programs do not seem to be connecting at all. I do not see a Teams toggle in Outlook. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Schedule meetings
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Gayle Hicks 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-06T16:56:02.16+00:00

    I tested the online Outlook using my email. It opens and I can see the toggle for Teams but I do not see any of my old emails. I do see all my old emails in Windows Outlook. Both are using the exact email address, but it doesn't appear to be the same account.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Gayle Hicks 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-05T21:50:20.31+00:00

    I am trying to use Windows Outlook, not Mac and not Outlook on the web. I have tried both new Outlook and classic Outlook. I did go to Options in Classic outlook and tried to add the Add-in. That didn't work so I downloaded new Outlook. I have tried to log out of both and then log back in and that does not work. Both Outlook and Teams are signed into the exact same email account. When I click new event in the new Outlook there's no reference to Teams at all anywhere. I was able to schedule a meeting directly from Teams, the invite was sent and I was able to chair a meeting, but that meeting never showed up in my Outlook calendar at all.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Jay1 Tran 1,700 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T21:36:34.34+00:00

    Hi Gayle,

    Thank you for reaching out.

    To help narrow down why Outlook and Teams are not connecting, please share the following information:

    1. Are you using new Outlook, classic Outlook for Windows, Outlook for Mac, or Outlook on the web?
    2. Are you signed in to Outlook and Microsoft Teams with the same Microsoft 365 work or school account?
    3. Can you sign in to Teams successfully and schedule a meeting directly from the Teams calendar?
    4. When you create a new calendar event in Outlook, is the Teams meeting option completely missing, or is it visible but unavailable?
    5. If you use classic Outlook for Windows, please go to File > Options > Add-ins. Is Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office listed under active, inactive, or disabled add-ins?

    These details will help determine whether the issue is related to the signed-in account, the Outlook version, licensing, or the Teams Meeting add-in.

    Thank you for your time and understanding. Looking forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.