outlook classic drops attachments

Grace Community Church 0 Reputation points
2026-10-05T15:43:55.1666667+00:00

outlook classic has been acting up when it comes to sending a group email that has multiple attachments. The issues are never the same when I try to send group emails. Sometimes the emails get bounced back, sometimes the emails only contain some of the attachments, or sometimes they contain no attachments.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hendrix 1,670 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-05T16:32:23.3433333+00:00

    Hi Grace,

    Based on what you shared, since the behavior varies, it's necessary to determine whether the issue is caused by the Outlook application, the mail server, a recipient’s mail system, or an attachment-specific restriction. Therefore, please share more details about the situation.

    • What is the complete error message or bounce-back code you receive, including any error code?
    • How many recipients are included in the group email? Are they members of a distribution list, contact group, or manually entered addresses?
    • What are the number, file types, and total size of the attachments?
    • Do the attachments appear in the message under Sent Items after sending?
    • Are attachments missing for all recipients or only certain recipients or email domains? For example, does it affect only external recipients or one specific company?
    • Does the same email send correctly from Outlook on the web? Does the issue occur when sending the attachments to yourself or a single recipient?

    I want to make sure I have clear information about the situation and provide appropriate guidance. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out again in the comments on this post. I'm happy to help.

    I greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.